At Strong Foundation Academy, we make every effort in this program to make the transition as easy as possible for your child. Children will now be introduced to different subjects and all that they have learned in previous topics bit by bit to keep the learning process engaging for them. You can expect their performance to be evaluated regularly, as well as progress reports. We also work with them to help them improve in subjects that they find difficult. Our curriculum focuses on:
- Independent reading
- Writing to communicate ideas
- Using scientific methods to study the world.
Comprehensive Curriculum and Knowledge Areas
Your child will gain a strong foundation to prepare them for the following school year. We ensure that your child’s progress is closely monitored and recorded across these knowledge areas:
- Literacy and Language -Students will focus on letter recognition, comprehension, and phonemic awareness. Our teachers will help students understand story concepts, writing development, expressing ideas clearly, vocabulary, and understanding how print works.
- Math -Students develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills through collaborative learning, whole and small group instruction, adaptive learning, and independent practice.
- Social Studies -Students develop important skills by sharing personal experiences and family stories and traditions to gain a deeper understanding of the world around them.
- Science -Children gain skills through scientific methods. Students will learn how to observe local weather conditions and discover plants, animals, and the environment.
- Self-Help and Social Skills -These skills play an essential role for students. It includes holding a pencil with a proper grip, following directions, working independently, asking for help as needed, and more.
If you want to learn more about our school’s program, feel free to send us a message.